用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:中英双语阅读:英国王室太后的生活逻辑

字体:    回复
中英双语阅读:英国王室太后的生活逻辑
pizza(2009/9/16 16:57:59)  点击:88756  回复:0  IP:212.* * *
  The Queen Mother lived through the whole of the 20th centurywithout once having to open or draw her bedroom curtainsherself。

王太后一生经历了整个20世纪,却从来没有自己挂过一次卧室窗帘。

But she did get more exercised when her normally abstemious(1)daughter, Queen Elizabeth, once asked for a second glass of wine atlunch。

但是,当一贯节制的女儿—女王伊丽莎白在午餐中要第二杯酒的时候,她就积极多了。

"Are you sure dear? You have got to reign all afternoon, youknow," she said, gently teasing(2) the monarch。

她柔声揶揄女王说:“亲爱的,你确定么?你下午还得在位呢,你知道的。”

When it comes to tales of the quirky or eccentric(3), littlebeats the Royal Family -- as writer Thomas Blaikie discovered whileresearching "Corgi and Bess: More Wit and Wisdom from The House ofWindsor."

作家托马斯布赖基在研究《考杰和贝丝:温莎王朝的机智风趣》的时候发现,皇室的离奇怪癖故事比一般人家都多。

From the memoirs(4) of dressmaker Hardy Amies and portraitpainter Pietro Annigoni to the recollections(5) of novelist BarbaraCartland, he trawled(6) the archives researching a second volume ofroyal trivia(7) after the success of his first in 2002.

2002年托马斯曾成功出版了第一册有关皇室琐事的书,现在,他又仔细搜罗了从小说家芭芭拉卡特兰德的回忆录到裁缝哈代艾米丝和肖像画家皮特隆安妮冈尼的回忆录,再次推出皇室琐事第二册。

No tale is too obscure for English teacher Blaikie。

英语老师布莱基没有放过任何一件芝麻小事。

For instance, whatever happened to the piece of cloth woven byMahatma Gandhi as a wedding gift for the Queen? She still keeps itin a drawer in her bedroom at Buckingham Palace。

例如,圣雄甘地曾亲手纺织一块布作为女王的结婚礼物。自始至终,女王都把它珍藏在白金汉宫的卧室抽屉中。

Anecdotes(8) about how the royals relate to elected rulers andfamilies make for entertaining reading。

皇室与被推选的统治者之间也有很有意思的轶闻。

When Tony Blair won a landslide(9) election victory in 1997, theQueen said of her 10th prime minister: "I suppose he will want meto call him Tony?"

哈里王子是皇室有名的野孩子。

1997年托尼布莱尔以绝对优势当选第十任首相时,女王说:“我猜他会让我叫他托尼?”

His wife is also said to have told Princess Anne: "Do call meCherie." Her frosty reply: "I think not, actually."

据说他的妻子曾对安妮公主说:“叫我切丽就行。” 公主冷淡地说:“我想就不必了。”

Prince Charles does not escape mild mockery(10)。

查尔斯王子也难逃人们小小的嘲弄。

Overawed(11) on meeting Hollywood legend Lauren Bacall, hespluttered(12), "I so enjoyed your black-and-white films."

见到好莱坞传奇人物劳伦·巴考尔的时候,他太震撼了,语无伦次地说:“我特别喜欢您的黑白电影。”

"I'm not that old, prince," she growled back。

她不满地说:“王子,我没那么老。”

Prince Harry lives up to his reputation as a royal wildchild。

哈里王子是皇室有名的野孩子。

When he bought a marabou-trimmed thong, he told the wide-eyed(13)shop assistant: "It's for my nanny."

一次他购买一条鹳毛装饰的腰带,他对吃惊的店员说:“这是送给我奶奶的。”

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:中英双语阅读:英国王室太后的生活逻辑
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找