用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:[实用英语]全球第一美女富豪的时间管理法

字体:    回复
[实用英语]全球第一美女富豪的时间管理法
tinyhut(2014/11/17 11:11:25)  点击:87918  回复:0  IP:180.* * *
伊万卡?特朗普曾被誉为“全球第一单身美女富豪”。已结婚生子的她如今不仅是特朗普集团执行副总裁,还创办了一家自己的服装公司。她认为,新一代女性领导者既要照顾家庭,也要拥有个人生活空间。雇主亟需培育和创造一个有利于这些女性的工作环境。

当伊万卡?特朗普结束了一天的工作回到家中后,她会立即脱下职业装,换上一套更舒适的衣服——哪怕是准备赶赴工作晚餐前仅有的几分钟时间里,她也会这么做,就是为了抱抱两个宝贝孩子。

她说:“我需要这样做,在精神上把工作和生活分开来。哪怕这时候手机还在响,我还在查电子邮件。”

从更换衣服的速度可以看出,这位从地产高管转型为时装企业家的商界精英确实在竭力区分工作和家庭生活。实际上,32岁的特朗普正试图让雇主改变对女性领导者的期望——她首先要在自己的公司里做出改变。

特朗普今年荣登《财富》杂志(Fortune)“40位40岁以下商界精英榜单”(40 Under 40 list)的第33位。她说:“职场生活再也不是朝九晚五。如今的职场女性需要处理多维度的任务,既需要照顾家庭,还需要拥有个人生活空间。此外,许多女性其实是在全天候工作,因为她们不得不把工作带回家中。培育和创造一个有利于这些女性的大环境,是非常重要的。”

2010年,特朗普创立了自己的公司——伊万卡?特朗普服装及配饰公司(Ivanka Trump Apparel and Accessories),公司最初主要经营鞋类。从那时起,该公司已扩大到11种不同的产品类别。除了超过300个零售店之外,其产品还在诺德斯特龙百货(Nordstrom)、梅西百货(Macy’s)、布鲁明黛百货(Bloomingdale’s)等卖场出售。当特朗普创办公司并雇佣了一小群员工之后,她就一直在思考公司文化如何才能更好地支持像她这种还需要在家照顾孩子的职业女性。除了经营自己的服装公司,特朗普还在她父亲的地产帝国特朗普集团(Trump Organization)兼任发展及并购部副总裁。在特朗普集团,伊万卡主要负责一些重大项目,比如与美国政府合作翻新华盛顿特区旧邮局的项目,该项目竞争激烈,标的金额高达两亿美元。

首先,特朗普的服装公司并没有设立正式假期或带薪病假制度。她主要雇用的是那些从来不会梦想着滥用这种制度并请假,能全心全意为公司效力的人。作为3岁孩子阿拉贝拉和1岁孩子约瑟夫的母亲,特朗普的公司为那些需要不时把孩子带来上班的员工创设了“儿童角”。

特朗普还允许员工安排好自己的日程,以便他们能在一大早进行马拉松训练,送孩子上学或放学去接孩子。由于她意识到,在当前这个高度互联的工作环境中,要求员工在办公室面对面工作几乎已经变得不合时宜,因此她没有打造“坐班”文化。她说,所有工作都是可以衡量的,只要你认真干活,就能在公司脱颖而出。

特朗普称:“对那些因为很快完成工作,离开公司去和丈夫约会的高效员工,我是不会惩罚的。”

那么,为什么不是所有老板都能采取同样的进步政策呢?这是因为他们害怕。她说:“有些老板如果不能随时管理并看到每个人,他们就非常担心自己对公司失去控制。但我认为,这归根结底还是取决于你雇佣了什么样的员工。”

至于如何在母亲、地产专家和时尚品牌老板这些角色中自如转换,特朗普称,只需要简单一步,她就能掌控大局。比如,如果她要出差几天的话,回纽约的头天晚上她就不会安排工作晚餐。但如果孩子病了,或是有其他大事,那么她就会把所有安排先放在一边。

她说:“如此一来,生活和工作的平衡就打破了,但生活毕竟是马拉松,不是短跑。”

这位地产大亨的女儿很清楚,作为特朗普财富的继承人,有些人会对她的商业嗅觉将信将疑,但她从来不理会这些看法。她太忙了,既要打理自己的生意,又要推动特朗普集团的发展,没工夫搭理别人对她的批评。

她说:“置身于公众视野之中,如果你老是想着别人是怎么看你,那只会是自寻烦恼。做好自己就可以了。有些人就想看到我的毛病,但他们并不了解我,这不会让我感到困扰,除非我的所作所为确实强化了这种看法。”

When Ivanka Trump gets home after a long day at work, she immediately switches from her professional clothes to something more comfortable – even if she’s there for just a few minutes to hug her two toddlers before heading off to a work dinner.

“I need that mental separation,” she says. “Even though my phone is still ringing and I am still checking my email.”

A quick wardrobe change is really as far as the real estate exec turned fashion entrepreneur goes to separate her work life from home. Instead, 32-year-old Trump is trying to reset the expectations employers have of female leaders – and she is starting with her own company.

“Life isn’t nine to five anymore,” says Trump, who is No. 33 on Fortune’s 40 Under 40 list this year. “It is important to cultivate and create an environment that is conducive to multidimensional women who have families and lives outside of the office and who are working 24 hours a day because they are bringing their work home with them.”

In 2010, Trump launched her own company, Ivanka Trump Apparel and Accessories with a line of footwear. Since then, it has expanded into 11 different product lines sold in Nordstrom, Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s along with 300 more locations. As Trump has built out the company — and hired a small group of employees — she has kept an eye on how the corporate culture supports women like herself who are juggling young kids at home. On top of running her own clothing company, Trump is also executive vice president of development and acquisitions for her father Donald’s real estate empire, the Trump Organization. At Trump, Ivanka spearheads top projects like the highly competitive $200 million deal with the U.S. government to redevelop the Old Post Office in Washington D.C.

To start, Trump does not have a formal vacation or paid sick day policy for her apparel company’s employees. She focuses on hiring people who would never dream of abusing this policy and use their time off so they can perform at their best for the firm. Trump, the mother of three-year-old Arabella and one-year-old Joseph, set up a “kid corner” in her office for employees who need to bring their children to work from time to time.

Trump also empowers her employees to set their own schedules so they can train for a marathon in the morning, walk their kids to school or pick them up after. Rather than build a “butts in seats” culture, Trump recognizes that face-time in the office is hardly applicable anymore in our highly connected work. Everything can be measured, says Trump, so as long as you are performing, you can excel at her firm, she says.

“I don’t penalize highly efficient people because they got what they need to get done and leave to go on a date with their husbands,” says Trump.

So why hasn’t every employer adopted the same progressive policies as Trump? They’re scared: “People are so afraid of losing control if they can’t manage everyone and see everyone, but I think it really boils down to the people you hire,” she said.

As for juggling her own hats as mom, real estate maven and fashion brand owner, Trump says there are simple step she takes to make things more manageable. If she is away for a work trip for a few days, for example, she won’t schedule a work dinner for her first night back in New York. But if her child gets sick or a big deal comes down the pipeline, all planning goes out the window.

“Then you don’t have balance anymore, but life is a marathon not a sprint,” she said.

The daughter of the Donald is aware that her position as the heir to the Trump fortune makes some people doubt her business acumen, but she doesn’t let it faze her. She’s too busy building her own business and growing the Trump Organization to worry about her critics anyway.

“When you are in the public eye, it is really counterproductive to think about how you’re viewed in the eyes of others,” she says. “You just have to be who you are. someone wants to have flawed viewpoint of me and doesn’t know me, that doesn’t particularly bother me, unless I am doing something that reinforces that view.”
 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:[实用英语]全球第一美女富豪的时间管理法
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找