【中英文】那些有关爱情的习语freeto(2018/8/1 15:37:43) 点击:
92905 回复:
0 IP:
220.* * * 1.FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY
1.坠入爱河
start feeling love towards somebody
对某人产生感情
I think I’m falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?
我好像喜欢上了自己的好朋友,怎么办?
2. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
2.一见钟情
falling in love with somebody the first time you see them
初次见面,便喜欢某人
My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.
我和妻子在一次聚会上相识。我们一见钟情。
3. BE AN ITEM
3.确立恋爱关系
two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship
两人交往时确立恋爱关系
I didn’t know Chris and Sue was an item. They didn’t even look at each other at dinner.
我一点也没发现克里斯和苏在一起了。他们俩吃饭时从不看彼此。
4. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
4.天作之合
a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well
一段恋爱中,两人十分融洽,因为他们有了彼此才完整。
Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?
你认为马特和阿曼达会结婚吗?
-I hope they will. They’re a match made in heaven.
-希望如此。他俩简直是绝配。
5. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE)
5.死心塌地
be in love with somebody very much
深深陷入爱情
Look at them. They’re head over heels in love with each other.
看他们,爱的死心塌地,神魂颠倒。
6. BE LOVEY-DOVEY
6.卿卿我我
expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging
在公众场合亲吻拥抱,卿卿我我。
I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.
我不想跟詹妮和大卫一起出去。他俩总是卿卿我我,真让人受不了。
7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY
7.为某人所倾倒
finding somebody extremely attractive
认为某人格外耀眼
Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked him out.
纳丁总是为新学徒所吸引。要是她约他出去,我一点也会不惊讶。
8. PUPPY LOVE
8.初恋
short-term adolescent love
少男少女之间的短暂爱情
My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?
我儿子虽然才十二岁,但已经开始恋爱了。会不会太早了?
-Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.
-别担心,初恋是短暂的。
9. DOUBLE DATE
9.四人约会
two couples going out together on a date
两对恋人一起约会
I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.
你能和汤姆的兄弟在一起真是太好了。现在我们可以一起约会了。
10. ON THE ROCKS
10.濒于破裂
if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it’s on the rocks
如果关系中出现问题,可以用濒于破裂形容
I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.
我觉得他们很难修成正果。毕竟二人之间的关系趋于破裂。
11. LOVE RAT
11.负心汉
somebody who cheats on his/her partner
某人有外遇
Don’t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don’t be a love rat.
不要妄想约珍出来。想想要怎么面对自己的妻子?别做负心汉。
12. POP THE QUESTION
12.求婚
ask somebody to marry you
向某人求婚
So, did Ben pop the question last night? -No, he didn’t. He just took me out for dinner and that’s all.
那么,班向你求婚了么? -没有,只是约我出去吃饭。